Monday, November 6, 2017

Things Are Not What You Think -- Three Modern Day Parables






Yesterday I had the pleasure of indulging my inner child who adores horses.

A friend, who is also a veterinarian, invited me to spend the morning with her at the stables with her.

I was thrilled.

Her horse is a Saddlebred-Freesian mix named Sophie.

Her stall is number seven.

I got to comb Sophie to my heart's delight. We also took her for a halter walk because she threw out her back and couldn't be ridden for a few days.

I even mucked out her stall, and helped to feed her.

A highlight of the day was meeting the local chicken and holding her, then going to the pen where she and a miniature horse and several goats were kept, and meeting them all.

I was in heaven.

Absolute horse heaven!









My friend told me three stories which as someone who didn't have a horse and her training would never know.

I'll share them with you, as they touched me deeply. Then I'll give you an update on other things before I close.





Good Fences Make Good Neighbors

Sophie has a large stall. She has metabolic syndrome. It was diagnosed when she was young, and with a special diet and care, she has made it to fifteen years old, which is remarkable.

Because of her condition Sophie pees a lot. More than most horses her size.

She tends to pee in her bedding, which my friend has to clean.

But the reason she threw out her back is Duncan.

Facing out, Sophie has Dill (Dillinger) who is thirty-five years old on her left and Cosmo (owned by a vet too with metabolic syndrome like her)on her right, two incredibly sweet horses.

Since the fire, two more new horses have come to the back park of her stall, which is uphill. Right before the fire, my friend asked to extend the stall so Sophie could have more room, especially for her pee. Right now with the smaller stalls inset into the larger one, everyone's pee runs downhill into Sophie's stall.

You could see that Cosmo had the extended stall, with a 'run' area where he would pee, keeping his bedding dry.

But after the fire, two rescue horses went into the 'cheaper' stalls behind Sophie, five-year old Duncan, a buckskin,  who shows food aggression, and Star who is a sweet bay horse.

Horses fight.

I had no clue. They look so peaceful and calm.

Apparently my friend had an older horse Bob who was aggressive, too.

She figured it out for him. He had been terribly abused. Slowly she put it together that he didn't like to have horses that could come near him.  She explained that all horses have their personalities, and for Bob, his needs for his 'personal space' were bigger than other horses.

Once she realized this, and moved him to a different stall, one up near a hill where he had a view and other horses couldn't approach him, he became the sweetest, kindest horse who was never a problem.

She suspected Duncan had similar issues.

He bites. He does aggressive behavior to Star and to Sophie. Cosmo used to hang out at the far end of his stall, now he doesn't, because of Duncan.

We took a walk around to see his owner's information on the stall (all horses have this posted, name, trainer, owner)...when...a woman who looked a lot like the picture of the owner walked up to us and asked if there was a problem.

Sophie had kicked the metal bar and bent it in a fight with Duncan. She threw out her back. It was a two hundred dollar chiropractor bill and she couldn't be ridden for several days. She was on anti-inflammatories. And the pee from Duncan and Star keep running into her stall.

My friend had asked why she didn't get the extension of the cage, and the management had said that the owner wanted a 'cheaper' stall for Duncan, so that's why he was moved to that spot after the rescue horse went back to its  home stable.

My friend says that cheaper stalls will lead to higher vet bills, and are not the way to go, to me earlier that day, in confidence. But not to management.

I felt like we manifested the owner showing up when she did. She's in fact owned Duncan for two weeks, he's her first horse. And she too had a feeling that he wasn't happy. She hasn't actually witnessed his behavior, but deep down she knew he liked his other stall and buddies better.

One of the stable hands had lied to her, and told her Duncan gets along with the other horses fine. That's why she was a little confused by the revelation that Duncan bites and her intuition was correct.

I told her she's a good mom, and it's like at school, it's not just being at the school but it's the personalities of the neighbors in the dorms that affect the happiness...and for Duncan it appears he could be a lot happier with his old friends.

Everything was peaceful and pleasant and on the up and up.

Conflict, apparently, is highly common, and with love and respect for all, it may be managed for the highest good.

And for whatever reason, everyone has their own 'personal space' --even horses--which for their well-being and that of others, needs to be taken into consideration.







Sophie looks a lot like this.

When my friend lived in Nevada, she was only five years old and lived in a large field with Bob who was thirty-five years old.



Horses can sleep standing up. But it's not good sleep. Once a week they need to lie down and get really deep sleep.

Bob, didn't do this because he had bad arthritis and had a lot of trouble getting back up.

Sophie knew of his frailty, and watched over him with love.



One day, my friend heard Sophie screaming in the field.

She came running out of the house to see Sophie running as fast as she could towards Bob.

Bob was laying on the ground, and this was happening...




A pack of six coyotes had sneaked in through a hole in the fence and were closing in fast on Bob.

Sophie got there right away!

She picked up a coyote by his back with her teeth, and started to shake him hard from side to side.

She shook him like a rag doll.

Then she threw him about twenty feet away from Bob.

She went to pick up the next coyote but the other five saw what she had done and ran away.

Then she turned to find the one she had thrown.

She was going to kill him.

He was down, and he was hurt.

He managed to crawl to the hole in the fence and escape.

My friend said about horses, 'they are NOT DEFENSELESS!'

And later, Bob took to resting more, because he knew Sophie was always watching over him.

She would never sleep while he was sleeping, she would keep watch.








As we were walking through the stalls, we ran into a friend and fellow horse owner, Margaret.

Margaret owns Zoe, a beautiful horse who I had noticed and had noticed me when I first came to the stable.

Margaret said that Zoe had just had her teeth floated and was recently chipped. Right in her mane. About the size of a piece of rice. You can't show a horse without it. It's the rules. Her daughter rides Zoe in the horse shows and competes.

Chipped?

Part of me wondered how long it would be before people had to be chipped too?  For their 'safety'.

It turns out I was wrong.

It really IS for the horse's safety.

I'll tell you how.



There are more horses in the United States than owners.

They are butchered here, and sent abroad to Asia and France where horse meat is considered a 'delicacy'.

In the chute to the slaughterhouse is a scanner.

Every horse has to be scanned for their chip. Right on the mane.

By law, any horse who is chipped must be spared and the owner contacted.

So it saves a horse, literally, as long as the owner may be reached.

My friend says that there are movements to make the slaughter of horses illegal. She says these are emotional decisions the voters make, and she understands the motivation.

However, in another state where this type of law was passed, people took their old unwanted horses and let them free in the desert with the wild mustangs.

These horses can't fend for themselves, and they starve.

They also can't keep up with the stallions who pick on them, so they die of their injuries, such as a broken leg.

Others will get shipped off to Mexico, where there are no regulations to ensure that the slaughter is humane, and there is certainly no scanner to read for the chips.

She said it's not a great thing, but if you are a horse and you are going to die, sometimes the best option is a quick, humane way to go.



This is horse meat sashimi.

I've had horse meat served to me in France. Twice. It was like a hamburger patty or salisbury steak. I was not told it was horse meat. Both times I got terrible stomach pains, and nearly threw up. My family there, the mom, prefers horse meat to beef. She means well when she serves it. It's expensive, I know. I've learned to recognize it and politely refuse it whenever it has been served ever since.

Anthony has eaten it. He didn't know. And he didn't get sick.





My friend says chickens make good pets. They are highly intelligent and are very affectionate to their owners.

I've had a chicken once, and I remember how smart she was, and how excited I got when she would lay eggs. They were the freshest, best tasting of my whole life.

The goats I met from the chicken's stall were very friendly. They rubbed up against me and let me know they liked me.

They were filled with love and trust.

I thought about the book with Kerth Barker, and how many animals are used in sacrifice, and I was deeply troubled.

I hope one day all the killing will stop.








Now for the updates.

I'm going to share about Haus (pronounced 'hoss')...Anthony's puppy.

His father and his uncle, who were roommates, brought home two boxer puppies when Anthony was four. Their names were Tyson and Haus. The dogs, too, are from the same litter, and are brothers.

Haus is a little larger than a typical boxer. Both have this beautiful brindle coat, the bobbed tail, and the trimmed ears.

Haus isn't doing so well. He has a brain tumor, and he has seizures. He's on a lot of steroids to decrease the swelling. So he eats and drinks without stopping if it's around. And he pees in the house.

Jared installed a camera so he could watch Haus when he is at work.

Yesterday Jared missed Anthony's basketball games because of a bad morning of seizures, and the dog needed him.

I offered to bring Anthony over whenever Jared thought it might be time, as he loves Haus, and wants to be there for him.

Well, while I was at the stables talking with my friend and Duncan's owner, Jared texted that Haus was 'going crazy', could we come over?

The roommate came home just in time. But would we stop by at five or six to check on Haus?

Sure.

He even gave us the code to the garage to get in.

It made a world of difference to Haus to have Anthony there. And me.

We took him for a walk.

Anthony has grown so much in responsibility because of the dog. He picked up the poop. He had me hold the cell phone as a flash light, then he got the bag, and held his breath, and picked it up. He's been doing this since he was five.

We found a trash dumpster not far, and tossed it in.

Haus used to be the one pulling Anthony, now he's at a slow pace behind his boy.

It made a world of difference for Jared that we would do a kindness for Haus like that.

Anthony and I have been comforting the sick lately...my mom's health is still a concern. I've been communicating with my sisters constantly. We came home at eleven p.m. on Saturday night after visiting her, so Anthony and I stayed home yesterday.

It is what it is.

I asked Jared if and when he decides it's time to put the dog down, may Anthony please be with him because it would be important to him to be there for Haus?

His dad said yes.

Creator is wise.  At the time Anthony was born, I was thirty-nine, and Jared was twenty-three. We had an amazing bond and friendship, both highly psychic and healers, almost like soul mates (who tend to have a similar gap in age when they are Twin souls).  The breakup although understandable, due to the age difference, truly broke my heart. I felt agony at Jared's decision at my most vulnerable time. I was four months pregnant with his son.

Jared is the only person on earth I've learned to be on good terms with after a breakup.

It has taken years, and raising a child, to establish the trust and healing on both our parts.

For him, he felt I had 'tricked him and gotten myself pregnant'...for me, I felt utterly abandoned.

Life goes on.

Now, with his parents in Arizona, and his brother moving to Seattle, Jared without Anthony would be completely alone. 

It might not have been the planned pregnancy in wedlock Jared and his parents had hoped for...yet...for all three of us...Haus, Jared, and Anthony (and me too!) a lot of deep healing has taken place.

Jared is like my brother now. 

And I owe a debt of gratitude to Haus, for in my lowest and most painful times of feeling shunned by the family (the brother hated me, and refused to be in a house if I was present.)--it was the dog, who looked at me as the mom of Anthony, simply, with pureness of heart, and let me know I had the respect due me by Nature, natural 'law', and treated me as such.  It filled a gaping hole and wound in my soul, the way Haus and Tyson accepted me and acknowledged my place in Anthony's life.

I wish the wisdom of animals would be honored and respected in this world more than it is.






Ross

Carla is a little 'rough around the edges', I'll give you that.

For those of you who are close to her, in her inner circle, know that you have earned that place by lifetimes of love and trust and healing which have taken place between your souls over many incarnations.

There is one which deeply troubles her.  (holds his finger up) To this day!

On the way to the stables, Carla asked me 'Ross, why is it I feel this way about this person? I can't understand it. I can't explain it. I don't want it to hinder me any more.'

I asked her how she felt about this person? (I was in my calmest, gentlest, 'rabbi' mode)

She said, 'I wish I'd never heard of this person in my whole life!'

And I felt the horror and the terror in her soul as she said this, the complete soul pain and confusion, since we are Twins and I can feel everything she feels.

I told her to go to Divine Mother Incarnate, and to ask her what she asked me, and Divine Mother could help her.

I could not.

Carla explained the situation to Isabel Henn.

Isabel knew the other soul, and was able to explain to her that the other soul wished to make an apology. There was something in a past life, an argument, and before it they were the best of friends.

Carla's soul filled with fear and confusion at the thought of being expected to establish a relationship with this individual again, before she had healed. I felt it. I was there. I knew it.

Carla's soul was torn between the social obligation as a healer to reach out with love and respond to this 'invitation'--and for her own soul's need to heal.

Then she remembered Bob, the horse, who had been terribly abused, and how he had a bigger need for personal space than an average horse. It was just him!

So she let go in love, and asked Isabel to convey the message of 'love and gratitude' for the kindness of wanting to give an apology, and excused herself politely out of respect for herself and her PTSD.

Hearts do not heal until they are ready.

We have teams of experts in this type of soul healing who are in the 'wings' (no pun intended--although all of them are in fact angelic. And some of them are equine, too!)...

A soul who has been through trauma in any of their incarnations will need extensive healing which is directed in their care by a team of experts who are working with the team of angelic guides for the individual; our teams address the need of the individual and arrange for the healing to occur by negotiating often and with love with the team of healing experts with experience in reassembling the soul after it has undergone much suffering.

How this will appear to you?

It will be as an unexplainable desire to run away from a certain individual, without having any reason based on the interactions between the two in this life!

Everyone will have some needs to heal in this way, for all of us have gone through trauma.

And as it is on Earth, we respect and honor the needs of the 'victim' and ensure their rights as they are the more 'damaged' soul with more to heal...although healing is generously offered to the 'offenders' too. And one may ask for it if one has deeply hurt another in a previous incarnation and can't begin to be accepted for their offer to 'make an amend' on their terms because the wounds are 'too fresh to heal' in the expected timeframe.

This is both natural and understandable, and will be greatly taken into account as Ascension proceeds and humanity heals from its suffering.

I told Carla the nature of the disagreement/argument with this soul was not about me. I told her this in confidence, just like I told her to tell Anthony when it is Haus' time to go it will be in the most painless and gentle way possible. It gave Carla great peace and hope to know that out of all the other problems which stemmed from me, the current one was not one of them!

And when Carla was falling asleep last night, she went to Divine Father with her 'problem', as it weighed upon her soul. He was gentle with her, and provided a vision of the past, when both souls were children, and they played together, lovingly, in the sunshine and rode on the swings.

Carla has no recollection of this part, either, but Divine Father assured her what the other was saying was in fact true.

Divine Father took special care not to impress upon her any need to rush or to heal in this life, and watched over her has she fell into slumber, just like Sophie watched over Bob....




clap! clap!


I tell you these things to give hope.

All things are workable.

Sometimes (one finger up--ed) it is required for special expertise and healing which takes time.





Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Reiki Doc Couple