Monday, September 11, 2017

Hold On To Your Joy






I've been wanting to title this for about a week now.

Hold on to your joy!

It is real.

It is yours.

And it's going to help the energies as we shift.

Anthony and I both had food poisoning yesterday. We are not sure what it is we ate that caused it, but the symptoms were very similar--abdominal cramping, chills, and loose stools with poor appetite. It's a shame because today is his first day of school, and I return to work. I pray he feels better. I feel much much better today after having slept poorly.

As the energies go UP some of you may experience nausea and digestive changes. I know Divine Mother Incarnate has dealt with these symptoms off and on for a long, long time.

My typical response to energy upgrades is sleepiness.

Either way, the discomfort is temporary, and the joy we each experience in our own lives--even Anthony laughing his head off at Joey Tribbiani on Netflix--is our own.

Yesterday I took Anthony to Costco. I had a rewards check, and I cashed it. Then we each bought pillows. I had wanted a soft one like the hotel--there were organic synthetic ones two for under ten dollars. Anthony bought a 'cooling' one. Then he wanted a very large teddy bear.

I bought it.

Now it's his little friend, and he takes it with him all over the house. He doesn't feel alone.

He also had outgrown his boogie board--he needs a longer one since he's taller--so I bought him one on sale at Costco too.

Little things make a big difference.

I couldn't help but notice all the much smaller children who wanted the big bear too and I heard their parents saying 'no'. It was thirty dollars. Cheap for a large stuffed animal, but too much for those with tight budgets.

Sometimes it's important to experience something that blows us away. In Italian culture, you realize a thirty dollar bear is cheap because the kid is still a kid and it totally blows them away in a happy sense, so you buy it. When they are older it will cost more to blow them away. And you might as well take the opportunity now when they are young, right?

You can also have double joys. Anthony with his bear. Anthony with the bear in the chair next to him watching Friends. And me watching his happiness.

Some things aren't so fun.

I had more paperwork to do with the lawyer. I am in a mindset to let them defend me. And go along with it. But it still takes more work.

I actually had overwhelm because the tasks I have to do in September are daunting--bills, renew ACLS/BLS/PALS, legal stuff...and more.

But I didn't let it get to ME. I held on to my joy.

I also saw a little footage of the storms, and prayed for those people and gave thanks for my blessings to be on the other coast.

Good things are happening:



And it's time to start our day!

Blessings to you from all of us.


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Reiki Doc Couple