Friday, February 7, 2014

Optimism--Gratitude--Hope



For the past three days I have experienced increasing pain in my left ankle.

Left ankle? That is root chakra, and receives...someone is sending me a message that they are in threat for their survival....

It hurt!

There was no injury I could recollect. I had gone paddle boarding, but I didn't fall or stretch it. Perhaps it was inflamed because of overuse?

It hurt all day. So much so that I applied a layer of tiger balm to it in the afternoon.

I wore different shoes when I went out to dinner, ones that would be more gentle on the feet.

And before I went to bed? About ten minutes of laser treatment, with the setting on 'inflammation', and then a thick coating of red tiger balm on it.

It hurt so much I could barely hop into bed!

This morning all of the pain I had experienced it GONE.

The leg feels a little stiff, but otherwise looks and feels the same as the other one!

The Laser (Mandala Sphere laser) WORKS!

And I never took a single ibuprofen.





Well, what about the spiritual/energy significance of the ankle?

According to Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Shulz, M.D. , in the book, All Is Well, the ankle represents imbalance in the form of inflexibility and guilt. Ankles represent the ability to receive pleasure.

The affirmation to remedy this is, 'I deserve to rejoice in life. I accept all the pleasure life has to offer.'





Yesterday I went out of my way to assist someone on their Journey.

Someone who traveled to Southern California. I was in traffic for over an hour, almost an hour and a half, to reach their hotel. I drove them to my favorite Living Foods/RAW/vegan restaurant. I introduced them to Ito and to Mai and Linh. All of this person's friends from the conference on Longetivity Now were at this restaurant too. She was like, 'Wow! Everyone is here! I can't believe it!'

It was like watching someone find an oasis in the desert, it was so much fun!

It was magical, the healing environment and the food.

(But my ankle still hurt...that's why I used the laser before bedtime.)


Make Someone Happy by Monica Ramey and Beegle Adair

Ross sent me this on the way to work yesterday.

I had a short day.

It turns out a friend of mine, a recovery room nurse who had asked me to do the anesthesia for her c-section two years ago, had just had her baby. She didn't like the other hospital she had switched to. Her doctor works at both that one and mine. So for an emergency, she came and my other friend did her anesthesia.

I came to see her and the baby.  It was so beautiful to see them as experienced parents this time. And the father offered to let me hold her. I won't say the child's name, because of privacy, but it is beautiful, French, and what I will share is that her middle name is Grace.

As I held the newborn, a special love and glow filled my heart. It was so warm, and nurturing, and filled with compassion for the being who is going to begin a new life!

And Ross 'popped in' to my awareness...

I asked him to bless the child. I could tell he enjoyed being with us in the moment too. He smiled, And gently, he kissed her on the head, and he left.



Yesterday was my 'other birthday'.

On February 6, 1990, I went to USCF and had neurosurgery. I had a micro adenoma of the pituitary. It was a prolactinoma. I experienced galactorrhea and amenorrea. And headaches and visual changes too.

I was scared out of my mind.

I could hear the clippers shaving the heads of the other patients in their 'bays' at the neurosurgery pre-op holding area as I waited for the surgery. Tears silently rolled down my face.

A voice came, and said, 'Is this (my name) with the tears?' in the most cheerful, loving, and kind manner.

It was my anesthesiologist.

Together she and her resident safely brought me through a very long surgery. My face is still numb because of it. Everything moves, you can't tell.

The afternoon after surgery I had nausea so bad from the drainage from my nose down my throat to my stomach, I threw up my own blood. I threw up so much I would soil my gown and get it all over the bucket.

Each time, the nurse would change me into a clean gown, and give me a new bucket.

We must have done this three or four times in a row.

After a while, I looked at her and said, 'Why do you keep changing my gown? I am only going to mess it up again.'

She looked at me and said, 'We can't let you be dirty!' as if it was the most natural thing in the world to clean up thrown up blood and change people's gowns all day when they have so much else to do. She had all the time in the world to help me...

And I prayed.

I prayed, Dear God, when all of this is over, please don't let me have thrown up my own blood in vain.

I prayed with my heart.

Last night, when I saw my friend (who is a CRNA and has serious health challenges) smiling and laughing at the restaurant that is owned by a woman who has had the same operation as me not once or twice but THREE times...and run by a buddhist who hasn't spoken a word in thirteen years--took a vow of silence...I saw the wonder that God can do.

It was a miracle.

My miracle!

And I am filled with Optimism, Gratitude, and Hope!

That's why I became an anesthesiologist.

So I could be just like her, my anesthesiologist, who was beautiful, kind and loving, capable and confidence, and able to look the horror of being a surgery patient in the face, and be strong enough to safely guide people through it...

And for the first time since 1990? I had my 'birthday', the anniversary of my life-changing surgery*, and never told a soul the whole day long!




Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,


Reiki Doc


P.S.   One year after the surgery I remembered abuse that had happened when I was four--the buried memory came up. That ended my marriage.
Then in my second marriage, ten years later, my husband developed the same pituitary tumor as me. It is extremely rare for both in a couple to have experienced it. He did a non-surgical approach, because his was wrapped around the carotids. That totally freaked me out. I wanted to run. But I stayed by his side the whole time. It wasn't until things got out of hand between us two years after--money and anger issues on his part--that the marriage dissolved, too.

Mai made her restaurant because all the surgery she had experienced had left her half dead and unable to function. Vegetarian lifestyle healed her symptoms, and gave her a purpose to live. She wanted to share her healing with others, through using food as 'medicine' (along with regular medicine in her case, but a minimum of it).  She started Au Lac.

Ito heard of her miracle. And he offered to help. He started as a server. It wasn't until some time later that she learned 'he can cook!'.

And how!

He is the best RAW vegan chef in the world.

So now you know how God works...the day Mai told me she had the same surgery as me, and more, I looked at her beautiful face and went, 'God? Thank you! She is NORMAL and her life only got better after her illness!'

I thank God for her and for Au Lac from my heart, 24/7. <3