Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Spider In The Delivery Room



I had just finished taping the epidural in place when all of us noticed a spider on the wall.

My intution kicked in, and as the nurse had said, 'Look! There is a spider!' I felt that she was taking steps to go kill it.

I grabbed the emesis basin and said, 'No, that's okay, I'll take care of it!' I cut in front of here, scooped the spider into the basin, and ignored her protest, 'She NEVER kills ANYTHING!'

I felt the confusion of the spider, and gently kept tapping the basin to keep him from crawling out.

'I'll put it outside', I said, and watched their jaws drop as I walked out of the room: nurse, patient, mother, and sister.

With my cap and gloves on (clean ones to dump my sharps), I walked and enjoyed the spider while keeping it in the basin.

House spiders don't do well outside, so I kept scanning for a place that it was less likely to get smashed by an angry nurse.

Voila! In the large fake potted plant by the maternity entrance. No one is going to notice it there!

I came back to the room and calmly finished putting away the sharps into the red container.

The nurse looked at me and said, 'You're crazy no to kill things--plain crazy'.

Indeed I am.

The spider is a sign of the Goddess Energy. How comfortable you are with spiders and Goddess Energy says more to me about you. Spider is the wise crone. As in Maid, Mother and Crone. So be it!

Blessed Be <3

Namaste,

Reiki Doc